Thank you for visiting the Dane County Department of Administration's website. The Department of Administration oversees a variety of programs and services relating to budget and financial management, personnel, purchasing, information technology, facility management, risk management, and much more. We hope our website provides you with the information you need to answer your questions.
To provide all Dane County residents with the highest quality and most efficient government services.
- The Employee Relations Division provides human resources services. These services include recruitment, compensation, labor relations, staff training, employee benefits, and management consultation.
- The Facilities Division manages Dane County buildings. It seeks to maintain building environments that are safe, comfortable, clean, and efficient.
- The Risk Management Division runs the County’s self-insured programs; investigating and settling claims made against the County. The Risk Manager also helps Dane County Departments respond to open records requests.
Printing & Services
- The Printing and Services Division provides printing and interdepartmental mail services to all county departments and the City of Madison. This division also manages county pool vehicles.
- The Purchasing Division provides a central purchasing function for all Dane County Departments. This function includes issuing bids and requests for proposals, as well as maintaining a list of vendors interested in doing business with the County.
Consolidated Food Service
- Dane County Consolidated Food Service is responsible for providing over 4,000 meals per day to local facilities, including the Dane County Jail, Juvenile Detention, Badger Prairie Health Care Center, and more than a dozen Seniors Sites across Dane County.